I have had facebook for a long time and have always thought it was a really cool website. I never really wanted to get myspace, but I decided to get it earlier this year. I wanted to see why it was so cool and I also knew it was a way that I could find some family members that did not have facebook. When I got my myspace I was really confused on how to set it all up. It would not let me upload a lot of my pictures because they were to big. it also was really hard for me to figure out how to make a cool background. I already didn't like it.
Besides not liking the format of the page I really did not like the friend requests I was getting. My first few friends requests were from my friends. Well the first was one tom, but then they next few were people I know. Then it started, every friend request was from some fake porn girl. I hated it. I would go on an think I had a new person to get to know and it would be some half naked girl. I am not saying I was upset with the half naked girls, but I was upset that they could have such a lack of security on the website. The website should be able to monitor that better. After ever friend I was getting was a naked girl I stopped using myspace. I still have the page, but I never go on it because I really don't use it to keep in touch with anyone.
I think the idea that people can advertise their porn by making up fake friends is just an example of what our online communities have come to. People are afraid to do these type of things in a face to face conversation, but if it is online and you cannot see them they feel like they can be a gross as they want. There need to be more regulations on these websites or pretty soon it is all going to turn to filth.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I too have a Myspace profile but I like it much better than Facebook. I used to get friend requests from half naked girls also but suddenly stopped. I believe the reason I like Myspace rather than Facebook is because I had it for a long time and also many of my family and friends have a Myspace account too. I only created a Facebook account because I was in college but I really don't like it as much. This shows that if you spend some time in a cyberspace community, you will tend to like it and get familiar with it. Just like real world communities, if you are new to one, you feel left out and lonely.
have you checked out Blocksavvy?? if i had to guess i would say that you would not agree with my opinion that it's better than myspace or facebook.. but i LOVE it.. check it out...
Post a Comment